NewTown can help you to process your application for sponsorship (Family reunification). Sponsorship is a seriously misunderstood concept as only parents and children under 19 for the most part can be sponsored.

There are situations such the last remaining relative, humanitarian and compassionate cases, special programs introduced such as Tsunami rules, where any relative can sponsor.

Sponsorship of parents and Grandparents should be considered as soon as possible while parents are healthy, active and able to contribute to family life in Canada. It has become quite difficult from some countries to obtain Temporary visas of any kind for senior citizens so making a sponsorship application will avoid problems in the future when parents want to visit their grandchildren.

Spousal Sponsorship is a very active category and requires that couples prove the validity of their relationship during the processing phase. Sponsored spouses or partners must live with their sponsor in a legitimate relationship for two years from the day they get their PR status in Canada. This applies to you if:
If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your:

  • spouse,

  • common-law or conjugal partner, or

  • dependent children
    to immigrate to Canada.

If you sponsor a family member to immigrate to Canada, you must provide proof that you can:

  • meet basic needs—such as food, clothing and shelter—for yourself and your family,

  • support your relative financially and

  • make sure your spouse or relative does not need to ask for financial help from the government.

For more information (

Share this post